Family Support and Parenting
This site gives support on parenting, professional support for your family, emotional health and wellbeing, housing and financial support, relationships and sexuality, Early Help Family Support, GET SAFE, groups and activities, school holiday activities and food programming, reducing parental conflict, SEND support and guidance, young carers, autism information and advice and family learning
- Wands Family Hub Farmers Way, Droitwich WR9 9EQ. Tel: 01905 827391 – for advice, guidance and support
- Wychavon Early Help Family Support Team contact number: 01905 844229 Team email address: FamilySupportWychavon@worcschildrenfirst.org.uk
- Worcester Early Help Family Support Team contact number: 01905 843339 Team email address: FamilySupportWorcester@worcschildrenfirst.org.uk
- Early Help Family Support Service: The Early Help Family Support Service is delivered by Worcestershire Children First directly to families permanently living in Worcestershire who have children aged 0-18 years old and need help and support specifically from a Family Support Worker. For more information, please visit: Worcestershire Children First Early Help Family Support Service | Worcestershire County Council: https://www.worcestershire.gov.uk/eifs
- Ready Steady Worcestershire – Holiday Activities and Food (HAF) Programme – HAF is a Department for Education (DfE) funded programme aimed at enabling children and young people in receipt of benefits-related free school meals (FSM) to attend school holiday activities and experiences during Easter, summer and Christmas. https://www.worcestershire.gov.uk/info/20818/worcestershire_school_holiday_food_and_activities
Worcestershire Young Carers
Worcestershire Young Carers aim to identify, and support children and young people aged 7 to 24 years who have a caring role within the home and help look after a parent, sibling, or grandparent due to illness, disability, physical or mental health difficulties or substance misuse.
- Worcestershire Young Carers/Shropshire Young Carers | YSS Carers: https://www.yss.org.uk/
- Worcestershire County Council: https://www.worcestershire.gov.uk/info/20570/carers
Finance, Housing and Employment
The Droitwich Council for Voluntary Services (CVS) has produced a leaflet with information to help navigate increased cost of living.
If you are facing challenges around employment and income, you can contact the local job centre who can with offer support with jobseekers’ allowance, incapacity benefit, employment and support allowance and income support:
- Job Centre Plus, Worcester Job Centre Plus, Haswell House, Sansome Street, Worcester, WR1 1UZ Telephone: 0845 6043719
- Citizen’s Advice Bureau Worcester Citizens Advice Bureau and WHABAC (Worcester Housing and Benefits Advice Centre): https://citizensadviceworcester.org.uk/
- Building Better Opportunities is a service to help local people move closer to employment. Building Better Opportunities: https://www.fusionworcs.co.uk/projects/bbo/
- For information on what financial and housing support is available in Worcestershire, please visit: Housing and finances | The Family Hub | Worcestershire County Council: https://www.worcestershire.gov.uk/info/20643/the_family_hub/2417/the_family_hub/3
The Starting Well Partnership offer a range of parenting support, information, groups, and courses. For information on the groups available please visit: https://www.startingwellworcs.nhs.uk/parenting-groups
- Parenting Talk is an online hub offering information, advice, and a free confidential online chat with a parenting advisor: https://parents.actionforchildren.org.uk/?_ga=2.252042639.781276742.1631278993-1086814317.1627463372
- Homestart can work with you to provide one to one support in the family home each week. This service provides support tailored to your needs and can help you as parents they learn to cope and build confidence to provide as best you can for your children: https://www.home-startsw.org.uk/
Harmony at Home
Harmony at Home is Worcestershire’s approach to the Reducing Parental Conflict (RPC) initiative in partnership with the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP) and organisations from our multi-agency Reference group.
The Droitwich Council for Voluntary Services (CVS) has produced a leaflet with information on the social activities taking place in Droitwich for people of all ages.