SIXTH FORM OPEN EVENING – 13th OCTOBER 2022 6.30pm Until 8.30pm
Head of Sixth Form’s Welcome
I believe that a successful Sixth Form is one where:
· All students feel safe, valued and respected.
· Expert and engaging teachers lead small, well-motivated classes.
· There is the right mix of academic rigour and vocational opportunity so that students can build a curriculum that suits them and allows them to demonstrate their talent.
· Teachers and tutors offer high quality guidance and support, particularly in careers and university applications, at every opportunity.
· Participation in a diverse range of extra curricular and leadership opportunities, particularly those that support charitable objectives, is high.
· Students are afforded the opportunity to develop soft-skills vital to their future and a balance between achieving academic excellence and character building is at the heart of the Sixth Form ethos.
· Sixth Formers have their own dedicated high quality facilities where they can study and socialise.
Every day, my team and I, together with all of the teaching staff, strive to ensure that the seven characteristics above are the day to day reality in our Sixth Form.
We are succeeding.
I know this because:
· our student numbers are healthy and our completion rate is very high.
· our student and parent surveys are very positive. 100% of parents say their child is safe and well cared for in the Sixth Form and 98% say that their child is well taught.
· we have over thirty courses available and our average Y12 class size in the 22/23 academic year is < 11.
· our students’ UCAS references and CVs are packed with extra curricular activity and volunteering and employment experience.
· our destination data is impressive. Nearly 70% of last year’s Year 13 have secured university places and there are also some very impressive apprenticeship and employment destinations.
Our work is never done and we constantly seek to refine our policy and practice in order to ensure the best outcomes for all of our students.
I am delighted that you are thinking about joining our Sixth Form. If you would like further information please see the prospectus and subject videos below, or contact us directly.6th Form Subject Videos Sixth Form Prospectus 2023
Applications for 2023 are now open. If you have any questions or queries please don’t hesitate to get in touch at SFinfo@droitwichspahigh.worcs.sch.uk.
Mr S Jones
Head of Sixth Form
|16-19 Tuition Fund.docx||February 7, 2021||Waters, NJ (Staff)|
|Application Form for External Candidates||June 5, 2020||ICT Support|
|Russel Group Universities Statements on No AS Entries||June 5, 2020||ICT Support|