Worcestershire Health Visiting Service: https://www.startingwellworcs.nhs.uk/health-visitors
Starting Well (startingwellworcs.nhs.uk) If your child is under 5 years old and you need advice on issues such as feeding, behaviour, or toileting you can contact the Telephone Advisory Service on 0300 123 9551 (Monday – Friday 9am til 3pm). A Health Visitor will assist you over the phone with any worries, concerns, or questions you have.
School Health Nursing: https://www.startingwellworcs.nhs.uk/school-health-nursing
Starting Well (startingwellworcs.nhs.uk) School health nurses offer a range of services such as home visits, health needs assessments, time4u drop-in service, school aged hearing and national child measurement programme to support the needs of children and their families.
- Know Your Stuff: https://www.hacw.nhs.uk/knowyourstuff
- Sexual health | Worcestershire County Council Worcestershire Integrated Sexual Health Service (WISH) | Herefordshire and Worcestershire Health and Care NHS Trust (hacw.nhs.uk) WISH offer friendly and non-judgemental specialist services to support with information and advice, contraception, pregnancy, STIs and screening. WISH have a dedicated Outreach nursing service. Referral forms can be found at www.knowyourstuff.nhs.uk. The Outreach team see young and vulnerable people who couldn’t otherwise access sexual health services.
- Free STI test kits and contraception: SH:24 Free Home STI STD Test | Sexual & Reproductive Health (sh24.org.uk)
- Under 21 Saturday Service – Clinic telephone lines are open between 10:00am – 12:30pm on Saturdays – Please call: 01905 681673 for further details.
The following services and links offer information, advice, and intervention on healthy relationships for your family and children: •
- Healthy relationships | NSPCC: https://www.nspcc.org.uk/keeping-children-safe/sex-relationships/healthy-relationships/
- Challenges at home: Harmony at Home – information and support for parent carers | Worcestershire County Council: https://www.worcestershire.gov.uk/info/20885/harmony_at_home/2350/harmony_at_home_%E2%80%93_information_and_support_for_parent_carers
- CRUSH is an awareness raising and support programme to help young people make safe and healthy relationships. http://www.westmerciawomensaid.org/crush/
- Relationships | The Family Hub | Worcestershire County Council: https://www.worcestershire.gov.uk/info/20643/the_family_hub/2417/the_family_hub/4
Friendships and relationship in teenagers Making friends and starting new relationships are a big part of getting older. It’s very common to fall out with friends or break up from relationships – which can be very difficult to deal with. You might also be in a relationship that doesn’t feel right and need some advice about what to do. The websites below contain lots of information about making friends, peer pressure, healthy and unhealthy relationships, sex and much more. There is also information available for parents around how to talk to your child about friendships, sex and relationships.
- Childline – Friends, relationships and sex (opens in a new window: https://www.childline.org.uk/info-advice/friends-relationships-sex/
- Disrespect Nobody – Signs to spot: https://www.disrespectnobody.co.uk/relationship-abuse/signs-to-spot/
- NHS Choices – How to talk to your child about sex: https://www.nhs.uk/live-well/sexual-health/#
- NHS Choices – Sex and young people: https://www.nhs.uk/live-well/sexual-health/
- Substance Misuse Swanswell – Cranstoun: https://cranstoun.org/who-we-are/our-organisation/
- Here 4 Youth is support service for children and young people up to the age of 18 who may be struggling with their use of drug and / or alcohol. Here4YOUth Worcestershire – Cranstoun: https://cranstoun.org/help-and-advice/young-people/here4youth-worcestershire/
- Do you have a family member in prison? Do you have a family member in prison which is having an impact on your child? Support is available to work with both the person in prison and your family. NICCO: https://www.nicco.org.uk/
- Families First provides support and guidance in a safe space, to enable the whole family to cope with the demands of having a partner, and parent, in prison: https://www.yss.org.uk/